I really don’t care for the cold, but I do love that Louisville experiences four seasons. So I cope. And bundle myself up to stay warm and cozy. And I do happen to have five things that are my favorite for this time of year. :)
1. Cardigans and hoodies. I wear them like they’re going out of style. But that gray one is my favorite and has become part of my “uniform” on the weekends when I’m shooting in cooler weather. Super cozy, super warm and makes me feel super fly!
2. Blankets. Of course. We always have two on the back of the couch because we don’t turn up the furnace that much. But when you have a hand-made, granny square blanket that a friend crocheted for you, you stay even warmer. Love that blanket – thank you, Meredith!!
3. Fire. Sadly, our fireplace isn’t in working condition and the six years we’ve lived in our house we’ve never had a fire. So I settle for the smaller variety in the form of candles. And the ones that smell nice. Because why not?
4. KNITTING! I usually don’t knit much in the summer but when football season rolls around, I pick up the needles again. But there’s something about having yarn in your lap when it’s cold out, keeping your hands busy when you’re inside and sitting. Under a blanket. In a hoodie. I’ve had a lot of fun falling back into knitting in just the past few weeks – I have a few fun projects to share! (And yes, Dawn, I still haven’t used the fabulous yarn you got me – I have the pattern picked for it, just haven’t started it yet.)
5. Reading. If I’m not knitting, I’m likely reading. Fiction, novels, rom-coms, sci-fi, chick-lit, YA… if it sounds interesting I’ll try it out. But I’m a regular at the public library. Which reminds me – I need to return those books because I’m fairly certain I’ve had them for more than 6 weeks. Yikes.
It’s a mundane list of favorites, I’ll admit that. But it’s the small things in life that count. Time to cozy up to the weekend!