I’ve had so much fun this year with #2017project52 that I’m doing it again next year! That’s right, 2018 Project 52 is happening!
Much of the same only all new themes each week. You’ll see more photography techniques introduced such as silhouettes, smoke art and high-speed photography. Well… at least we’re going to try these things. There will still be some prompts that photographers can interpret on their own and some classic compositions to keep our mind’s sharp.
And so, in 2018, a new weekly photo project kicks off — get ready for 2018 Project 52!
Here’s the skinny:
- Project 52 is a weekly challenge where a new prompt is announced each week. These will be randomly selected each week to keep us on our toes!
- We have an all new Flickr Group to post our images; I thought this would be the best way to house all of our images in one place and encourage each other through comments. You can find it here.
- Share your images wherever you like outside of Flickr. If you’d like us to find you, we’ll be using the hashtag #2018P52 this year and we’ll be sure to share some love and likes.
- We’re sticking with Wednesdays — there’s less pressure with our “deadline” falling in the middle of the week. I’ll share my own submission on Wednesdays and announce next week’s prompt.
- The first prompt will be announced on December 29 – Week One’s images is due Wednesday, January 5, 2018. And prompts will be announced on all channels (our Flickr Group, this blog and on Instagram).
- There’s nothing fancy about this challenge, so remember ANY CAMERA WORKS – your phone, a point-and-shoot or a dSLR.
- Have fun with this and push yourself to take a new photo every week. Try not use photos from your archive; it defeats the purpose of challenging yourself as a photographer.
- This shouldn’t have to be said, but please make all images SFW – we have a “safe” rating in our Flickr Group and I will remove any images that don’t fit within that rating.
- I encourage comments from all participants as we’re a community of photographers with a common goal. That said, please keep comments positive and encouraging; only offer critiques when explicitly asked for one.
You can join Flickr for free and it’s a nice platform sharing images; you may meet some new people in the process and we have some folks from #2017project52 already getting ready. The only other thing to do is invite friends or acquaintances you think would like to be a part of it. It’s a personal challenge so there’s no sweat if a week is missed and there’s no prize for finishing it through.
Get your camera ready, sign up for Flickr and join the group, and check back later in the month to get started! Don’t forget: I’m posting our first prompt on Wednesday, December 29!