The following recipe for Tortellini Sausage Soup originally appeared on June 13, 2011 on my old blog, Shutterboo.com.
This is an oldie but still a goodie!
I came across this super quick soup recipe way back in 2011 and I still make it. Actually, I have friends that still make it. Even better than that, one of those friends shared it with a local radio personality who refers to it as “Shutterboo Soup.” It’s fast, it’s easy, and it tastes so good that even the pickiest eaters will like it – you can’t even taste the spinach and there are loads of it in there. Just try it… once… just for me… I know you’ll love it. ♥
Tortellini Sausage Soup
– 1/2lb Italian sausage
– 9oz package of 4-cheese tortellini
– 14oz can Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
– 8oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
– 2 beef bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups of water
1. Brown sausage and drain grease.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Heat to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes, or until tortellini is soft.
4. Serve hot. A little sprinkling of parmesan cheese isn’t frowned upon.
Note: Usually when eating leftovers, I add a bit of water to my bowl; the tortellini seems to soak up a lot of liquid after the fact. And the leftovers are just as good as the day it was made. ;)